Professional Development Opportunity
Associates of the American Foreign Service Worldwide (AAFSW) and COX Foundation
Oral History Project
As part of an Una Chapman Cox Foundation project on American Diplomacy and the Foreign Service, AAFSW is looking to train two individuals to produce topic-focused oral histories. These oral histories differ from traditional ones because they feature a discussion and insights on a topic specific to Foreign Service life. They also run up to a maximum of three hours. Some examples of suggested topics may include:
- Beating the odds and building a successful career as an Eligible Family Member
- Challenges and successes of Foreign Born Spouses
- Best Practices/Lessons Learned Raising Children in the Foreign Service
- Coping with Education Challenges in a Global Pandemic
- Singles in the Foreign Service
- GLIFAA—The Organization and its History
AAFSW will enlist the expertise of the Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training (ADST) who are oral history experts and who will provide training to the two individuals selected. Interviewers will be paid a stipend of $500 for each interview. The expectation is for each individual to complete three interviews in 2022.
This is a great opportunity for professional development. To apply, please send a brief statement of interest (max 250 words) and your resume to office@AAFSW.org by February 4, 2022.